No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota News and Notes:
- Kyle Busch returns to the Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) NASCAR XFINITY Series team and the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota this week at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (BMS) for the NASCAR XFINITY Series Food City 300-race event. This week on the “World’s Fastest Half-Mile” Busch is very familiar with victory lane after he’s accomplished eight XFINITY series wins. The champion driver will work to record his 14th overall NASCAR win at the BMS facility, targeting his ninth victory there in the XFINITY Series. This week records the driver’s ninth of 10 scheduled XFINITY Series races with partner NOS Energy Drink in 2017.
- Last race in the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Camry Busch tackled Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International, a facility that had eluded Busch and Joe Gibbs Racing in the NASCAR XFINITY Series until that week. The team started from row one, a second-place qualifying lap at 124.019 mph captured in 71.118 seconds. During the race Busch led the field three times over 82 event circuits and was uncontested in the final race laps, earning the veteran series driver his third win in five series races and his fourth victory of the year. The accomplishment was Busch’s 90th win overall in 336 career XFINITY series events.
- This week at Bristol Motor Speedway, Busch will make his 337th XFINITY Series start piloting the orange and blue NOS Energy Drink Toyota Camry and works to offer the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 team their fifth taste of XFINITY series victory in 2017 and 11th BMS team win in the series.
- In the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Busch is a regular visitor to victory lane at the Tennessee racetrack where he has recorded five MENCS and four NCWTS wins.
- Busch continues the highest pole-qualifying record of the XFINITY Series with 62 first-place series starts. The accomplishment continues a 14-year streak of pole grabs by the champion stemming back to 2004. Busch has four first-place starting spots recorded at BMS in the XFINITY Series, most recently accomplished in 2015.
- Joe Gibbs Racing at BMS in the NASCAR XFINITY Series covers 84 races, 10 wins (seven with Busch, two with Erik Jones and one with Joey Logano), eight poles and 2,481 laps led.
- Crew Chief Eric Phillips’ statistics at BMS include five races, zero wins, zero poles, three top-five finishes (with Daniel Suarez), four top-10 finishes and 18 laps led.
- With their recent Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course result, the No. 18 JGR team remains in fourth place in NASCAR Owner’s Championship point standings, 189 points behind the series leading No. 22 of Penske Racing.
- XFINITY Series Loop Data Statistics in BMS over the last 10 races record Busch #1 in Green Flag Passes (583), Quality Passes (21.3%, 468), Highest # of Laps Led (1812, 30.5%), Highest # of Laps in the Top 15 (5163, 87%) and Fastest Laps Run (916, 15.4%).
- In eight series races completed so far in 2017, Busch is recorded #1 among competitors for XFINITY Series event miles led (623.85, 12.10%).
- The Food City 300 XFINITY Series race event will be broadcast on NBCSN Friday, August 18 at 7:30pm ET.
Kyle Busch Bristol Motor Speedway Results:
|Series||Wins||Top 5||Top 10||Poles||Led||AvSt||AvFn|
|24 races||5 (’11, ’10, ’09 both, ‘07)||8||13||1||1960||15.9||15.1|
|24 races||8 (’06, ’10, ’11 both, ’13 both, ’14, ‘15)||16||19||4||1812||7.5||8.3|
|10 races||4 (’08, ’09, ’10, ‘13)||6||7||3||435||5.4||8.6|
Kyle Busch NASCAR XFINITY Series Career Results:
|XFINITY Series||Wins||Top 5||Top 10||Poles||Led||AvSt||AvFn|
From the Cockpit, Driver Kyle Busch:
What are your expectations going into this week’s Bristol Motor Speedway XFINITY series race?
“Bristol is obviously a good track for me. I enjoy it and we’ve had good success there. Will be good to go there with Eric (Phillips, crew chief) and this 18 team. We have momentum coming off the Watkins Glen run but need to keep that going. This series is very competitive and we have to keep working at our game to keep at the front. We’ll see what Friday night brings, but I expect another strong run for the NOS Energy Drink Camry.”
From the Pit Box, Crew Chief Eric Phillips:
How will you prepare for the Bristol XFINITY Series race with Kyle Busch, a historical track where you are still searching for a win?
“I’m really looking forward to working with Kyle (Busch) this week especially coming off the last two weeks and the Glen win. I learned a lot the last time I was here with Daniel (Suarez). We’ll get after it in practice and see what we can do. There are high expectations here as the boss man is pretty good at this track and we’d like to capitalize on it.”
No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota / Joe Gibbs Racing Team Members:
|Driver – Kyle Busch||Crew Chief – Eric Phillips||Car Chief – Chris Myers|
|Race Engineer – Chris Whitenight||Springs/Engineer – Dustin Zacharyasz||Front Mechanic – Tyler Paxton|
|Rear Mechanic – John Egbert||Tire Specialist – John Lanham||Engine Tuner – Roger Purcell|
|Truck Driver – Steve Fiedler||Spotter – Tony Hirschman||Jackman – TJ Ford|
|Gas Man – Tom Lampe||Front Tire Changer – Josh Leslie||Front Tire Carrier – Brad Donaghy|
|Rear Tire Changer – Jake Seminara||Rear Tire Carrier – Kenny Barber|
About NOS Energy Drink:
Based in Corona, California, NOS is part of the Monster Energy Company, acquired from The Coca-Cola Company in 2015. Launched in 2005, NOS Energy Drink fuels performance by providing high performance energy and enhanced mental focus you need to stay ahead of the pack. Whether on the track, tuning a favorite car in the garage, or conquering your day, NOS delivers a kick. Rooted in auto-culture, NOS is a proud partner of Kyle Busch, Brian Deegan and Chris Forsberg. High Performance Energy. High Performance Athletes. For more information, visit www.drinknos.com and tag #NOSEnergyDrink #NOSRowdy.